Top 10 Zinfandels Tasted in 2015
It is the time of the year where every wine blogger publishes their lists of Wines of the Year or Values of the Year, etc. Although I try to blog about all the wines I taste it is clear that Zinfandel is definitely my grape of choice. With that in mind here are my top 10 Zinfandels of 2015. The link for each wine will take you to the detailed Bottle Note on Zinfandel Chronicles.
- 2006 Williams Selyem Zinfandel Feeney Vineyard – 95 points
- 2005 Turley Zinfandel Ueberroth Vineyard – 95 points
- 2007 Carlisle Zinfandel Papera Vineyard – 94 points
- 2011 Turley Zinfandel Ueberroth Vineyard – 94 points
- 2012 Bedrock Wine Co. Zinfandel Sodini Vineyard – 93 points
- 2013 Kinsella Estates Zinfandel Spencer’s Vineyard – 93 points
- 2007 Carlise Zinfandel Carlisle Vineyard – 93 points
- 2007 Outpost Zinfandel Howell Mountain – 93 points
- 2013 Wonderment Wines Zinfandel Burton Ranch Vineyard – 92 points
- 2013 Robert Biale Vineyards Zinfandel R.W Moore Vineyard – 92 points
A few observations after compiling the list:
- The Zins at Williams Selyem rival the quality of the Pinots.
- Ueberroth Vineyard has surpassed Hayne Vineyard as the best Zinfandel being made at Turley.
- Thomas Rivers Brown might be known for making world class Cabernet Sauvignon but don’t overlook his Zins (Outpost and Kinsella).
What was the best Zinfandel you opened this past year?
If you enjoyed this post please consider subscribing to Zinfandel Chronicles updates by email.